Monday, 26 March 2012

Still Got the Blues.....



 


I went to the Brighton Centre to see Joe Bonamassa on Friday. Thoroughly enjoyed it, he gives a great show. I'd parked in the car park just off the seafront, behind the Grand Hotel. These days, you have to pay at a machine before going back to your car. So I get to the ticket machine, and discover that there's only one working, so there's a queue. Luckily for me, I'd not hung about once the gig had finished, so there was only ten or twelve people in front of me. Even so, I was there over twenty minutes! And the woman in front of me had some trouble with it, so took ages. By the time I got there, I'd moved into the "over three hours" category (by about two minutes), and it cost me EIGHTEEN POUNDS!!!!!!! Upon leaving the car park, I had to drive past the queue, and by this time it was right down to the seafront!!!!  Mizzkay and I went to see the Moody Blues a few years ago, and it took us an hour to get out of the car park!!! Sometimes England can be a grotty little country.....

10 comments:

  1. He returns! And not before time too!

    I simply cannot believe £18.00 for three hours - that must be similar to London prices? I do not see how that can be justifiable in any way, shape or form. It's Brighton not the Middle East! Sadly, I think's it's yet another indicator that somewhere we have gone drastically wrong:( Oh, for a simple life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens when a place is "fashionable" Jane. To be fair, Brighton has a terrific bus service, so the idea seems to be to keep cars to a minimum. But late at night, or if you have a distance to travel, then you have no realistic choice!

      Delete
  2. That does kind of take the edge of your evening doesn't it? I heard from someone else that this was a good show. After the loss of Gary Moore last year i hear that JB may be a worthy successor. I'll have to check him out. Btw Martin - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nell. I must admit, I usually avoid Brighton, but I think I'd have to wait a while for JB to come to Eastbourne! A real shame about Gary Moore; although he lost me a little at times, fifty-eight is no age at all.

      Delete
  3. Great to see you back, Martin. Sounds as though Joe Bonamassa was a good gig. I haven't seen him but I did see Clapton at the Southampton Gaumont (as was) in 1976. Bad news about the parking fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mich enjoyed it, Martin. Funnily enough, I saw EC at the Brighton Centre in 1980. Don't remember paying so much for parking then; in fact, I think I caught the bus home!

      Delete
  4. £18 wow and I thought Glasgow was bad...I remember when showing my art in Brighton down the lanes on a saturday I had to park either down by the marina(free) or by the college near Sainsburys £3 off London road...nice to see you back blogging Martin...glad you enjoyed the concert...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think there's any such thing as free parking in Brighton these days, Stuart. I've an old school friend in Melbourne who told me that it would have cost about $40 over there! So perhaps I got off lightly...

      Delete
  5. I went to see Dylan at Manchester last November. So many people walked out early it made it quite easy to get out of the car park at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be the secret then. Pick someone 'mercurial' and if everybody else leaves, at least you get the place to yourself!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow by Email

Total Pageviews